I would like to share my single, biggest passion with you… capturing the fleeting, special moments that create the happy memories of life.
The shy smile of a child, the moody teenager, the loving bond shared by a family, festivities and celebrations… these are the treasured relationships and memorable occasions I aim to capture, to create memories that will last a life-time in a space where everyone can be themselves.
I do not believe in forced moments, but rather let them unfold naturally and capture the moments as they happen.
Photography instills a sense of balance in a seemingly chaotic life of never-ending demands and deadlines for me. It has taught me to pause, be present and experience the moment and appreciate the beauty of the world we live in. Photography also allows me to see the extraordinary in the ordinary… I strive to represent feelings and experiences that words often fail to fully describe.
This is what I want to do for you… to create a keepsake that speaks more than words.
I know that meeting a photographer for the first time can feel daunting. Having your picture taken can make you feel quite vulnerable. This is why I want you to get to know me a little:
- I am married to Dennis, a very loving and supportive husband, and have two beautiful children, Kai (who is studying at UCT) and Jessica (who is on the verge of matriculating).
- I love animals and own three dogs, which I could not imagine my life without, so your canine kids are always welcome on a shoot.
- Photography has been a part of my life since early childhood. Both my grandfather and mother were avid hobby photographers and the photography bug bit after I was gifted my first camera in primary school.
- I shoot Canon and am truly hooked on the brand.
- I find my peace and happiness in nature, with my camera in hand. One of my favourite images I shot was on the Knysna lagoon on an eerily still pre-storm afternoon…
- A good glass of red wine and a slab of chocolate… do I need to say more?
Creating beautiful memories by capturing that special moment is what I absolutely love to do most.
So that’s me in a nutshell! I would love the opportunity of meeting you and capturing your story and memories!
Katja has the most amazing way of capturing people and objects and sceneries in the most unique angles. Well done Katja for following your passion.
– Valeria Schultz